What is Teen Council?
Group of teens grades 9-12 work, plan, and play together to strengthen their own personal leadership, communication and team work skills, while mentoring and teaching younger youth. Involvement in Teen Council can create opportunities for state leadership positions such as State Ambassador.
What activities and events will the council be planning?
Monthly activities for themselves:
- Leadership training using fun interactive learning activities (games), local weekend retreats, etc.
- Social events-Christmas party, hikes, BBQ, etc.
- Service for the community
- Planning other 4-H events for other leaders and youth
- Summer trip (week long event) that mixes high adventure and leadership training. Click here, for the 2013 Teen Summer Trip Flyer!
- 4-H State Contests
- TLT- Teen Leadership Training
- Mock Legislature
- Other regional and state events
- 4-H camp- TC will be the camp councilors for this 3 day summer event. They will plan and execute all the programs related to this trip.
When is Teen Council (9th-12th grade)?
Teen Council is held the second Thursday of the month from 4:30-6:00 pm.
Dates are subject to change, for specific activity dates check our calendar